Thursday, 19 January 2017

2 weeks post op


Today I limped back to the hospital for my first check up. It was my first outing in 2 weeks. Quite emotional really, in particular the moment when I realised I'd need a black bin bag to actually get into the car (easy to slide round). Any unknowing onlooker may well have wrongly assumed that I had an incontinence issue and were taking no risks!

All was fine and I returned home to continue my recovery. First outing though will be to town to buy some shoes to replace the nasty footwear that the hospital provided. Unfortunately though the doctor has given me a strict guideline on what I can wear, basically it's going to be men's trainers as they need to be at least 2 sizes bigger than my usual size as I can't have anything touching the pins. I'm not sure they do men's trainers in baby pink, but I will look...

No comments:

Post a Comment